Monday, March 26, 2012

Starting from Scratch

Being frugal is not something I was taught growing up.  It wasn't a neccessity in my home.  Both my parents had good paying jobs.  My husband and I have tried to find ways to cut costs so that we could have what we need for our family.  I have heard and seen where people make their own basic essential household items and thought it was neat.  To be honest, I was stubborn and didn't want to give up my name brand items because nothing else could possibly be as good as them.  Well.... today I am starting my journey in teaching myself how to be a frugal person.  Two days ago, I bought the materials to make laundry detergent, dishwasher detergent, all purpose cleaner, window cleaner, soft scrub cleaner (for my glass top stove), and to get pet urine/odor out of carpet.  I spent around $50 for materials.  I am amazed at how much I've been able to make for that price.  Anyway, this blog will be about my journey into becoming frugal.  I will also list the recipes I have found that I am using and will leave feedback on how they work for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment